And so, it’s taken a few years, but Kate has finally learned about football!
But how does this relate back to Phase 3 and our work?
Here are my insights into that beautiful game, and how to play professional at Phase 3:
- Invest in coaches and not managers; our coaches step forward from the side-lines
- Play plenty both at home and away; but keep your colours lime green
- No league tables nor divisions; we prefer the friendlies
- Support Manchester city but stay determinedly united [Correction: suddenly we do office divisions]
- Match play is about the midfield; the midfield can be strikers and who needs a defence?
- No red cards, just red lines of business ethics
- Don’t defend a title; just keep on playing your best to win it
- A transfer window is for inbound talent only; no price on the best players
- Results are out on the field and not around a (pool?) table
- Professionals at Phase 3 build talent by egging on the amateurs; there is a future for all to play for [and, Assad, are you coaching those kids’ teams yet?].
For the best advice on how to play football, contact: Assad Ahmed
For more advice on people technology, I am free to recommend that all of my Phase 3 colleagues are an equally trusted source of professional expertise and you can contact us immediately on 0800 321 3032.
Enjoy additional content via our Phase 3 Insights library